We gonna install OpenBSD 4.0 i386 in 5 steps.
1. download the cd40.iso from ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.0/i386/ and then burn it on a cd as a iso.
2. Download the rest on the directory from ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.0/i386/ and then burn them as a files.
3. Start the installation with the cd40.iso cd, it will take you to the partition program.
To create partition is simple, if for example we have a 80 gb HD we will do this on >
>a a 70bg then enter mont point /
>a b 1gb then enter for swap
for view the partition you can use >p
or >d for deleting partitions exalple >d a
the partition C cant be deleted, cause is part of the system
>q then enter to start the installation.
it will ask you to start the installation the you say yes
and when it ask for the files change the cd and install the rest, remember to tell to the installation the exact path for example if u burn the files directly then the path will be “/” and if you burn the files as 4.0 then the path will be 4.0 .
4. If u like to get dhcp then when asking about network put: dhcp
5. When finish halt the machine, then reboot, welcome to OpenBSD World